X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: microReel Sneak Peak

We have some coming in and hopefully we will see them this week. We sold our first one last week and the customer loved it. It is basically a compact with an sd recorder. Cable is very similiar to the compact and system is extremely light weight. Price is cheaper than the compact. Also something I noticed when locating is that there is no sonde in the spring and the locator picks up at the camera head. Therefore, I am assuming the locator is built in to the head or transmits to the head Josh would probably know the specifics. All I know is that it makes locates dead on instead of being off a few inches where the sonde normally is in the spring. Also it has a counter. Call for pricing at 18009505023.

Comment

Sonde is built into the camera housing now. Slightly weaker than the flexmitter but plenty strong for performing locates.

Comment

I'm late..Congrats Josh. You must be so proud

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
          I'm late..Congrats Josh. You must be so proud
          Cute little one. Congratulations. (Can't remember when you had it).

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Cute little one. Congratulations. (Can't remember when you had it).

J.C.

Thanks JC AND OKIE.

Ethan Jacob was born 11.01.2009

Comment

Josh, do you get royalties for the ad?
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Josh or anyone who can answer this,

I'm not 100% on the answer, if you have a DVDPak with line trace and a transmitter will the microDRAIN and/or microREEL energize the line? if that were the case would you even need the sonde that comes in the D30S?

Also, we got some units coming in and they are up on our website but there are a lot of options, it may be a challenge to keep all these in-stock, all the time.
                Jay
                Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

you can trace the microDrain and microReel with the integrated line trace feature on our new monitors. locating the sonde is always the best way to locate though. Also... with the microDrain a lot of times your in a house or building. Not always a good place to ground to.

There are a number of configs between the microDrain and microReel.

I would recomend carrying the L100C and D30S in both configs (SeeSnake CCU, and microEXPLORER hookups).

the rest of the cat #s are kits (microReel with the microEXPLORER, etc.)

Originally posted by Jay6 View Post
                  Josh or anyone who can answer this,

I'm not 100% on the answer, if you have a DVDPak with line trace and a transmitter will the microDRAIN and/or microREEL energize the line? if that were the case would you even need the sonde that comes in the D30S?

Also, we got some units coming in and they are up on our website but there are a lot of options, it may be a challenge to keep all these in-stock, all the time.

Comment

I'm the cheapest model I could find I do still have to sign model releases so I can tell everyone I am a model...

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    Josh, do you get royalties for the ad?

Comment

WOW where have I been this might be a good fit for me @ 100' this might be a good 1st camera for the company. Josh do you know how good this would work for chimney inspections and or practicality ?

Comment

not sure it will have a wide enough angle lens as it was really designed for 4'' and smaller pipe. it does have good lighting and is easy to carry up to a roof. add the micro explorer and you're set fully portable with the ability to take video and stills.

just don't think you will have great results with a chimney.

you will have great results with waste and vent lines

i believe a chimney camera uses stiff push rods to all for pushing up from the bottom.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

well what do you use just a flash light
                          So you think it will just fall over on it's self?

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                            well what do you use just a flash light
                            So you think it will just fall over on it's self?
                            If you try to push from the bottom up the cable will wet noodle on you unless you are in a 1.5"-2" pipe. I also have a hard time making the turn at the bottom of a 3" stack vent when I drop in from the roof.

The Microreel is a great camera but it's best and easiest push is horizontally in a 2"-3" pipe ( IMO the Microreel's lights are not bright enough for 4" except in PVC)

If you only had to do the random chimney inspection I could see attaching the microreel to a fiberglass pushrod and maybe even an extra led light to help with visability

Comment

Working...
                            X