X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats's the difference between the Micro Reel & Micro Drain

I am confused what is the difference between the Micro Drain and the Micro Reel as I have ordered a Micro Drain and now after reading up on the both of them I think that I have ordered the wrong one.
    Does the Micro Reel have the 100' long camera and inspect between 40mm (1&1/2") and 100mm (4") Drains and you can interchange with the smaller 30' long camera
    And does the Micro Drain only have the 30' camera that you can put up 25mm (1") lines.

Tony

Re: Whats's the difference between the Micro Reel & Micro Drain

tony, you should have asked before you ordered

the microdrain was a 30' design that has been upgraded to 65' with sonde. the original design was to be able to get through a toilet, and trap. then we/ i discovered it would also make it around pvc pressure fitting 90's from 1.5'' and up. so the length was increased to give the pool guys a camera with sonde to inspect lines that were impossible before.

the microreel is the 100' version with a stiffer push rod. this will not do toilets or pvc pressure 90's. but will do a great job doing sewers and drains.

the good news is the inner reels are interchangeable with each other.

between the 2, my microreel gets more use.

are you sure i don't need to pay a visit

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Good answer Rick. Just to add to that a bit. The microDrain cable is really flexible and allows you to get places no other camera can. However, that flexibility decreases its push-ability as you get into larger lines. the microReel cable is the same as the SeeSnake Compact.

microDrain is for small diameter with tight turns.

microReel is for smaller lines like Laterals from the house to the city main.

josh

Comment

Tony , the 100" micro reel is the go. i bought mine about 6 months ago and a locator as well . Then they got stolen ............ Bastards.......Anyway it was/is a great tool and great for space. I have a ute and made a special set up for it . Small compact and easy to use.

good luck
        steve

Comment

Now come fellas don`t stick the boot in while I'm down its just not explained well between the micro drain and reel.
          So what you are saying is that the micro reel has the 100' stiffer camera reel with sonde for 40mm to 100mm (4") pipe and can be interchanged with the smaller mirco drain camera reel and the micro drain is a stand alone reel with the 30' smaller camera.
          As for ordering the micro drain its four week waite so on Monday I will reorder the micro reel as I want it mainly 100mm pvc and clay traps

Tony

Comment

microreel is a great choice.

if you're in a hurry, i could be there in 16 hours with 1
            check with new member "downunder plumber", he needs a micro explorer too.

all carry on baggage still leaves me room for other toys

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              microreel is a great choice.

if you're in a hurry, i could be there in 16 hours with 1
              check with new member "downunder plumber", he needs a micro explorer too.

all carry on baggage still leaves me room for other toys

rick.
              Now come on Rick I thought you were happly married with a new child and more to come who will keep you homeward for years to come and travelling OS will be out of the question and the next time you see any other country but the but the US you will be an old man.

Tony

Comment

tony, do you want to be the one that prevents phoebe from having a little brother

phoebe was made in new zealand

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  tony, do you want to be the one that prevents phoebe from having a little brother

phoebe was made in new zealand

rick.
                  You horny little devil you could't wait till you got home so really she is a New Zealander and don't blame me for Phoebe not having a sibling for your the one who cannot keep his eye on the ball.
                  But back to the Micro Drain and Micro reel they are name wrongly the word drain means a drain in sewewage or bodly waste so the Micro Drain should be the one with the 100' reel and camera and the Micro Reel should be for 1" pool pipes not the other way around and the is where it is confusing, a drain means a drain and not a pressure pool pipe etc.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by pressy View Post
                    Tony , the 100" micro reel is the go. i bought mine about 6 months ago and a locator as well . Then they got stolen ............ Bastards.......Anyway it was/is a great tool and great for space. I have a ute and made a special set up for it . Small compact and easy to use.

good luck
                    steve
                    Steve

I have my camera locked in a special box on my truck where you have to drop the tray sides to access the locks on the box and with an added procaution a lockable 2mt flexable lock threaded through the camera reel and monitor and box that you carn't hacksaw through or cut with a bolt cutter I also don't have it on my truck all the time my truck is locked in my garage at night and my two dogs wouldn't appreciate a thief on my property day or night.

Tony

Comment

Just got the prcie for the Micro Reel with a 100' reel and sonde for $2800.00 plus 10% gst all up $3,075.50 how does that sound.

Tony

Comment

Amazing Tony how you couldnt get the right information from your mate Chris. I thought you would have come straight to Rick and Josh for help.

Oh by the way Rick, come to good ol Melbourne and yor future siblings can put their name down for MCG Membership. Only thing you shouldnt do is buy them a Collingwood membership. Google and you will be amused.

Thanks for the helpful information again Rick and Josh.

Comment

looks like the mcg membership has a larger waiting list than total members. 100,000 plus waiting to get in.

the collinwood membership i take is a rival club

since los angeles still doesn't have a home football team, i guess i could be a future mcg member. would a microreel get me to the front of the line

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                            Amazing Tony how you couldnt get the right information from your mate Chris. I thought you would have come straight to Rick and Josh for help.

Oh by the way Rick, come to good ol Melbourne and yor future siblings can put their name down for MCG Membership. Only thing you shouldnt do is buy them a Collingwood membership. Google and you will be amused.

Thanks for the helpful information again Rick and Josh.
                            Funny you should mention the MCC I just dropped my membership as it is not worth it at $570.00 and going up each year and only useing it two or three times a year I couldn`t justify it anymore I would rather watch footy on 50" plasma in the comfort of my own home instead of battling the crouds.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                            X