Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroReel Questions

Soooooooo.........

Has anyone tried a MicroReel in 6"? I've had the old compact in 6" lines and it used to be good up to about 50' or so.

Oh how I wish the reel were rated to 6". I'd buy one in a heartbeat. ALL of the laterals I work on are 6". 4" CI inside (most of the time, sometimes 6" CI or 6" Clay).

That microreel is so compact, it'd be a HUGE space saver, especially with microexplorer.

Re: MicroReel Questions

I use mine in 6" but usually after I've pushed it through the 4" house sewer. So after the transition I'm rarely going more than 20 or 30 feet to the main. The lighting wont allow you to see the top half of the pipe even with using the large skids ( not the tiny ones that come with it) you definitely need to be careful in clay with it. She will turn and flip on you in a clay joint pretty easy. I've already had mine reterminated because of this already.

Comment

That's kinda what I would be using it for too, But it sounds like with the lighting being kind of dim for 6", it wouldn't be very useful for inspection.

I use mine more for location than for inspection (I don't really try to "sell" dig jobs).

what the longest you've had it out in 6"?

thanks again,

-Chris

Comment

I don't like to sell dig jobs either unless they really need it. I have seen some pretty messed up sewer work fine for many years.

Not sure it makes a difference but I seem to get a better locate using the mini-pak monitor with the L100 reel than the micro explorer. Maybe a stronger signal? ??

I've easily gone full distance in 8" with the L100 (downstream)

Comment

i don't think the micro explorer supplies enough power/ wattage for the leds and the transmitter. i too find it more powerful with an external monitor over the micro explorer.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the input guys,

I'm planning to switch over to the LT1000 freestanding power supply once it;s in the cards, so that may be my ultimate solution

But for pure inspection, the microexplorer set up would be sweet. Maybe Ridgid can make a SUPERcharged microexplorer battery to provide the extra oomph needed to power the LED's and the sonde? I just want it all, portability and power!

I need to conserve space on the truck. As much as I love the Seesnake Plus, it is rather bulky. Gotta fit that water heater in there too!

thanks again

-Chris

Comment

I thought that I read on the forum somewhere that the microdrain and/or microreel have "cartridges" for the actual pushrod that can be swapped out. This sounds similar to the K-39 with it's cable cartridges, is this correct?

Could Josh or someone explain?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                I thought that I read on the forum somewhere that the microdrain and/or microreel have "cartridges" for the actual pushrod that can be swapped out. This sounds similar to the K-39 with it's cable cartridges, is this correct?

Could Josh or someone explain?

thanks
                You need to watch the video Josh put up on the top of this page.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  You need to watch the video Josh put up on the top of this page.
                  Thanks, I think it's time to go the eye doctor

Comment

Working...
                  X