35153 Microreel first use.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 35153 Microreel first use.
    • Scratch-resistant, debris-shedding sapphire crystal lens.
    • 100% stainless steel housing.
    • High power adjustable LEDs behind a thick polymer plastic window.
    • 410,000 CCD pixel resolution.
    • Small camera diameter size (22 mm – 35 mm).
    • Pipe view (wide angle) technology to be able to clearly see the pipe wall.
    • Self-leveling option.
    • Tested water tight to 330’ in length.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love everything else about the micrDrain & microExplorer. But, with the adjustable light feature why not have the ability for too much light ? Not enough is just not acceptable for the price paid from a leading manufacturer of high end camera systems

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Don't get me wrong I absolutely love everything else about the micrDrain & microExplorer. But, with the adjustable light feature why not have the ability for too much light ? Not enough is just not acceptable for the price paid from a leading manufacturer of high end camera systems
        I see your point and agree. Maybe I'll wait because I'm sure as soon as I bought one a new Improved one with better lighting will come out Small camera and a cart jetter is all I need to get to have all my needs filled.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

• Scratch-resistant, debris-shedding sapphire crystal lens.
          • 100% stainless steel housing.
          • High power adjustable LEDs behind a thick polymer plastic window.
          • 410,000 CCD pixel resolution.
          • Small camera diameter size (22 mm – 35 mm).
          • Pipe view (wide angle) technology to be able to clearly see the pipe wall.
          • Self-leveling option.
          • Tested water tight to 330’ in length.
          don't get your specs all confused with the entire seesnake line.

the microdrain is not the do all camera.

the microdrain is designed for accessing the pipe via a toilet and some traps, along with cleanouts. the pushrod is very flexible and not stiff enough to push large bore pipe. 1 feature is the ability to camera pvc pressure pipe and fittings as in pool inspection.

the microreel is a better choice for most drain cleaners with normal access.

and of course the seesnake mini and full size are the main stay for heavy duty everyday inspections.

i carry 4 different seesnakes in the truck. the least used is the microdrain. the most used are the mini and the microreel. the full size seesnake gets used for large pipe and long runs.

the microdrain and microreel are great designs, but they will never substitute for a mini or full size seesnake. they are great to compliment your seesnake cameras. but if your into camera inspections, you will need at least 2 different style cameras. for me i need 4 or more for the variety of jobs i get into.

but as a recommendation for most uses. a seesnake mini x 200' and a microreel will get you through most residential and some commercial applications.

the microdrain 65' can be substituted for the microreel if you get the difficult to access jobs.

but honestly the micro line of cameras are not going to be your 1 camera do all. you still need a larger format camera.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the microdrain is designed for accessing the pipe via a toilet and some traps, along with cleanouts. the pushrod is very flexible and not stiff enough to push large bore pipe. 1 feature is the ability to camera pvc pressure pipe and fittings as in pool inspection.

and of course the seesnake mini and full size are the main stay for heavy duty everyday inspections.

i carry 4 different seesnakes in the truck. the least used is the microdrain. the most used are the mini and the microreel. the full size seesnake gets used for large pipe and long runs.

the microdrain and microreel are great designs, but they will never substitute for a mini or full size seesnake. they are great to compliment your seesnake cameras. but if your into camera inspections, you will need at least 2 different style cameras. for me i need 4 or more for the variety of jobs i get into.

but as a recommendation for most uses. a seesnake mini x 200' and a microreel will get you through most residential and some commercial applications.

the microdrain 65' can be substituted for the microreel if you get the difficult to access jobs.

but honestly the micro line of cameras are not going to be your 1 camera do all. you still need a larger format camera.

rick.
            Rick, I have been getting some calls for inspecting pool lines. How well can you see your micro explorer screen in the sun?
            Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

I agree with what you are saying but all I'm asking is why did Ridgid not put more or some brighter LED's in the microReel head

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                Rick, I have been getting some calls for inspecting pool lines. How well can you see your micro explorer screen in the sun?

Not to worry, just do them on cloudy days

Comment

Not to worry, just do them on cloudy days
                  Maybe set them up at night time
                  Rod

Comment

Maybe set them up at night time

I don't think I'd ever be using mine outside. Mostly just dark dingy basements

Comment

i don't use it much, other than on the microdrain.

the battery life dies out with the sonde too fast.

i prefer the dvdpak for a portable unit.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Used it again tonight. What great unit. Compared to the Gen-eye I use to lug around, this Microreel is great. And the battery life last a good while.
                        Registered the Microreel and Explorer for my free 2gig SD card and extra battery.
                        I posted the video on my YouTube. Link on page 1 if interested in seeing the Microreel at work.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCSewerRat View Post
                          Used it again tonight. What great unit. Compared to the Gen-eye I use to lug around, this Microreel is great. And the battery life last a good while.
                          Registered the Microreel and Explorer for my free 2gig SD card and extra battery.
                          I posted the video on my YouTube. Link on page 1 if interested in seeing the Microreel at work.

Linky no worky

Comment

Working...
                          X