X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why

I was trying to get the torque specs for the new 1/2inch cordless impact wrench and was told they could not comment on tools not yet released. I don't understand the reasoning behind such a practice? If anything I would expect they would be happy to generate conversation and potential sales by prerelease date hype regarding specs. All the other manufacturers already have their similar tools on the market with Ryobi at 200ftlbs, DeWalt 300ftlbs and Milwaukee at 450ftlbs. IF the tool is to be in stores this september, they must know the specs, why not share? What is the down side???

Re: Why

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    What is the down side???
    Effort.

Comment

probably until it's officially released and a press release is made, everything is top secret.

plus the cs rep recognized your name and was just having fun with you. i'll call tomorrow.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, as you read in the post I put up last night, they did respond and give me an answer on FaceBook. I think there is no down side for sharing this information, and I feel a response by a Ridgid Rep either here or on FaceBook is a welcomed sign that they are interested in what folks think. I know they can't possibly please everyone who has a question or problem, but it's better than dead silence. Frank

Comment

like you have said before, all of the other companies have released this tool years before, so its not like someone can trump the idea?!! No reason for top secret when your last in line

Comment

Working...
          X