Coming Soon... RIDGID 18V Dual Lithium-Ion Battery Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon... RIDGID 18V Dual Lithium-Ion Battery Charger

Finally was able to get a better look at the RIDGID 18V Dual Lithium-Ion Battery Charger. It looks like it has 2 USB charge ports, as well as 2 pass through 110 volt outlets. The model number is AC840094 and it will be available at the Home Depot starting late April, early May, and the price is expected to be well under $100!

https://youtu.be/yc5rUoJ7EDY
    Last edited by ramman95; 03-07-2016, 08:50 PM.

Where did you see this?

Comment

I came across this video on YouTube.

Comment

Any current news about this battery charger?

Cactus Man

Comment

• Plumber Punky
          Plumber Punky commented
          Editing a comment
          Geez man! It's 'coming soon'...

What does "well under $100" mean? $98, 89, 79 ?
        To me 'well under' is less than 90 and somewhere
        near 80.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

No current news but I came across this.

Comment

Heres the news, it only charges one battery at a time! What a waste of a good product, had to leave out one important feature so you will buy the new one next year, just like the radio not charging till next model!

Comment

The Ryobi multi-port supercharger only charges one at a time.
              It cycles through each of the six ports that has a battery plugged in.
              You can leave the batteries plugged in and it will maintain them and
              it can charge both chemistry Ryobi 18v batteries, Ni-cad or Li-ion.

To charge two or more batteries would require increasing the size of the
              charger and the electrical capacity of the components in the charging
              circuit which would increase cost.
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                The Ryobi multi-port supercharger only charges one at a time.
                It cycles through each of the six ports that has a battery plugged in.
                You can leave the batteries plugged in and it will maintain them and
                it can charge both chemistry Ryobi 18v batteries, Ni-cad or Li-io

To charge two or more batteries would require increasing the size of the
                charger and the electrical capacity of the components in the charging
                circuit which would increase cost.
                I realize all of that, but Dewalt, Milwaukee, makita all have true dual charging, I think added cost worth it. I can't speak for everyone of course.

Comment

Great, a dual charger from Ridgid what about tools?where is the brushless, tool free 18volt Jobmax? Where are all the brushless stand alone tools that DeWalt, Milwaukee, and many others already offer? I have the batteries, I need, want tools!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Great, a dual charger from Ridgid what about tools?where is the brushless, tool free 18volt Jobmax? Where are all the brushless stand alone tools that DeWalt, Milwaukee, and many others already offer? I have the batteries, I need, want tools!
                    No surprise, i spoke to tti guy at depot he confirmed tool production is governed by space home depot gives to the tool line. He said there are a bunch of prototypes

Comment

The dual charger is in stores now, $79.00. Yeah, it only charges one at a time. Dual usb ports and 2 ac outlets, but they are not grounded so you will need an adapter for 3 prong plugs.....

Comment

It seems to be a good one. Let's see what it turns out to be...

Comment

These one at a time chargers are so stupid! I've had a "triple" charger for many years now...and it charges all 3 at once. It's 3 cheapo normal chargers plugged into a power strip! 3 batteries fully charged in 3 hours. Need to buy a 4th.

I also point a little 120v fan at the batteries while they charge, it keeps them at room temperature rather than getting warm/hot. Heat kills batteries. Other brands have fans built into the charger.

Comment

Working...
                          X