Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you tried the new Ridgid brushless 18v string trimmer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you tried the new Ridgid brushless 18v string trimmer?

So i finally got the new Ridgid String trimmer..... It is AWSOME
    Oddly enough it comes in an ugly green color now....... Also the battery has some weird attachment to it.
    But don't worry it runs just find on the 4.0 Ridgid battery. and does a fine job on the grass and it runs for a long long time.

Apparently they dropped the Octane name for some weird name of Ryobi (I think the name is Greek for puke green)

Did you make the adapter yourself?

Comment

you are very creative, i have been pondering making an adapter for awhile now. i have the same Trimmer and it is a beast! only downfall is the crappy Ryobi battery that i use with it and nothing else in my tool collection. what are the components you used to make the adapter?

i have purchased a old 18V ryobi battery shell to mod, i just havent figured out what ridgid tool attachment will work best, if i could get away with using a ridgid 18V USB adapter or if those contacts dont carry enough power i might need to buy a broken drill or recip saw for its battery mount.
      HEY! What does this button do?

Comment

Originally posted by UTILITYMETERREPAIR View Post
        i just havent figured out what ridgid tool attachment will work best, if i could get away with using a ridgid 18V USB adapter or if those contacts dont carry enough power i might need to buy a broken drill or recip saw for its battery mount.
        The USB adapter works well. I have one mated to some adapter I found for Ryobi tools that was meant to let you plug them into an AC power adapter.

Gotta spray paint the Ryobi tools though...
        Last edited by Sneeze357; 06-30-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneeze357 View Post
          Did you make the adapter yourself?
          I bought it off of Ebay
          You can tell somebody made it with a 3D printer and painted it.... But it works.

Comment

Working...
          X