Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Table Saw R4518T

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on here, kinda new to forums, haven't been on one in almost 10 years. I came here mainly because I had a question...

I bought a ridgid jobsite table saw a few weeks ago, the R45171 with the x-stand, and returned it because the table top wasn't flat (1/8" out of level over a 4" area) but that's besides the point.

When I went to Home Depot to return/exchange it, they didn't have any left, but the manager came back with a table saw on a cart and said he "had one under the same SKU".

I asked how much it was because I hadn't seen the model number before, (only with the limited research I had done on ridgid table saws), he said only $20 more, so I bought it. I set it up, did all the necessary adjustments/alignment and made some test cuts. I was VERY happy with this saw, mind you it is my first table saw, and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it. So, I did a google search for "Ridgid Table Saw R4518T" and just "R4518" and there are literally no results...

Is this saw brand new? Or unreleased? Or recalled?

Has anyone else seen this or have knowledge regarding it?

I'd love to know.

Thank you,

Nathan Garber

R4518 - This is the Table Saw I've been told by ridgid to replace my R45171. It is a New Model, basically the next version of the R45171.

Comment

I like this table saw. This saw is amazing you could talk on the phone and rip plywood. Super quiet powerful assembly is time consuming but no big deal once u get it up and running. And everything is adjustable 0 degrees stop, 45 degrees stop, blade alignment to miter slots. The cast iron table is very nice and heavy and solid. The rip fence is very well designed and everything just works as it should I just can't get over how quiet it is well worth the money ohhh and it moves very easy with the 3 wheels would buy 3 more if I had the use for them!

Comment

Can't wait to hear and see more about this saw. Hopefully, Ridgid has finally come out with a winner.

Comment

You know what would be a selling feature over other table saws would be to INCLUDE a Dado throat plate with the saw. TTI/RIDGID should do this for ALL their table saws.

Why? I can think of three reasons real quick.

1. Because you can never get one even if you wanted to when you buy the saw as the store doesn't carry them.
          2. No one else does this so anyone thinking about using a dado with their saw will gravitate towards this saw.
          3. The price of the throat plate (to TTI) is negligible compared to the additional sales it will generate. How much can it cost to make, a dollar maybe?

If you agree, give this post a 'like' so maybe RIDGID will see how much interest there is in this idea and consider including a throat plate with their table saws, both stationary and portable/job site versions.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 01-15-2020, 06:34 AM.
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

• MAS
            MAS commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish they would make the saws throat plates thick enough to easily make your own dado and zero clearance plates.
            I can on mine without to much trouble, however all the current jobsite saws ive looked at have very thin plates.

Why stop with a Dado throat plate also add a zero clearance blank plate in which are even harder to find. When i bought my Hitachi C10RB portable on Amazon about 10 yrs ago it did come with Dado Plate...

Comment

Working...
          X