Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly new? Possibly older model getting discontinued and this is the replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly new? Possibly older model getting discontinued and this is the replacement?

Hi, new member here and recently I’ve been looking to purchase a new table saw. I was looking at the Ridgid R4512 but remembered years back when I purchased one I didn’t particularly think it was that great so I returned it. Anyways while looking on Home Depot I seen th R4512 but I also noticed the R4520. Looks sort of similar but unsure of really any big changes. Looking through both manuals it shows the R4512 can be switched to 220 but the R4520 doesn’t mention such. The R4520 fence looks nice with a extended bar, new on/off switch, miter gauge looks a little bigger, I think table surface is smaller maybe? According to HD specs comparing the two the R4512 work surface is bigger, while the R4520 is smaller - but you can’t always count on HD specs because they are typically input wrong by someone at HD.

Anyone seen the R4520?

Whats everyone’s thoughts? Is the R4520 better? Is Ridgid making a cheaper version that’s not worth it? Is it an improvement? Thoughts?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...4520/309412843

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...4512/202500206

Well posting this was useless as this forum I suppose. Forget and delete if possible. Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure what kind of feedback you were expecting. I can't speak of other areas but the 4520 isn't even stocked at any of the HD's near me. Makes it hard to compare the two. My WAG is that TTI has changed factories in China and the 4520 is identical to the 4512 but they gave it a new model number to reflect the origin of manufacture. Possibly a minor tweak here and there but basically the same table saw.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 03-10-2020, 09:09 AM.
      I'VE DECIDED I'M NOT OLD, I'M 45 -- PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING.

Comment

I recently purchased the R4520 in a store up here in Canada. The 4512 was no longer available so no choice in the matter! I have not assembled it yet but from reviewing the display model, I noted a narrower right side extension, different power switch, phenolic insert with adjustment screws within the insert and the narrow flip-fence addition. Basically the same machine. It was priced $60 more than the previous version and the manual does confirm that because of the new switch and blade/motor brake, this cannot be converted to 240VAC, but I'm not so certain about that note. I searched for this saw last week on the Ridgid.com site and found it but it has disappeared today. I've been trying to get information for a couple of weeks, prior to me purchasing, and for some reason nobody wants to provide anything on this item. Not sure why there's so much secrecy on this but although it's replaced the old, Ridgid Canada won't even post the manual on the HD site.
        Last edited by ToolGuyNorth; 03-12-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToolGuyNorth View Post
          I recently purchased the R4520 in a store up here in Canada. The 4512 was no longer available so no choice in the matter! I have not assembled it yet but from reviewing the display model, I noted a narrower right side extension, different power switch, phenolic insert with adjustment screws within the insert and the narrow flip-fence addition. Basically the same machine. It was priced $60 more than the previous version and the manual does confirm that because of the new switch and blade/motor brake, this cannot be converted to 240VAC, but I'm not so certain about that note. I searched for this saw last week on the Ridgid.com site and found it but it has disappeared today. I've been trying to get information for a couple of weeks, prior to me purchasing, and for some reason nobody wants to provide anything on this item. Not sure why there's so much secrecy on this but although it's replaced the old, Ridgid Canada won't even post the manual on the HD site.
          Seems definitely an issue going on, I can’t get much information and Ridgid provides no answers. Your thoughts on the R4520 seem to be accurate from what I’ve noticed in the specs.

Both R4512 and the new R4520 were $749 but now both are down at $699.

Not sure if this will help but here’s a link to the R4520 manual, it’s US and not Canadian but should be close enough I believe.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...3736ce8ee3.pdf

Comment

• ToolGuyNorth
            ToolGuyNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much for this.
        Working...
        X