No announcement yet.

Registration Scam... Google It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased a whole line of Ridgid cordless tools. A full 5 tool kit, plus other tools. I registered for the LSA, got a reply back within 10 days or so, registration complete except for 2 items. I submitted the receipt online, which was an online purchase receipt from HD. I got a reply back within maybe 3 days saying, "You're all set". So I've seemed to have had good "luck" with the registration process so far.

I'm not looking forward to testing the LSA however if something ever goes wrong. It looks like the nearest service center is 65 miles from me...?

Comment

• BadgerDave
      BadgerDave commented
      Editing a comment
      In this day and age with Authorized Service Centers for just about anything becoming harder and harder to find an hours drive isn't the end of the world. If I have a product that I feel is worth having fixed for free, a couple hours drive is just a nice road trip. Just one of the benefits of being retired.

• CWSmith
      CWSmith commented
      Editing a comment
      The two of the three times that I've gone for "authorized service" (one Ryobi and one Ridgid), I've used UPS which was very little effort. The third time, I had a Ridgid Service place just a few miles south of me. That fellow was only in the business a short time though.

CWS

In August 2013 I was ready to make a major purchase of power tools and saw the promotion for Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement. I went the Ridgid route based on the offer which even included the batteries in the specific offer. I completed the registration that day using the online system.

I just learned today that I was never issued the lifetime warranty and they said there is nothing I can do about it. The support rep just kept repeating that "for some reason' I was not covered and he would not honor my request to speak to anyone else. Frustrated I called him a name and he said I would never get to speak to anyone at Ridgid again and hung up on me. Every time I called back in it was him answering and as soon as I identified myself he would hang up. A real piece of work representing the corporate brand. Every avenue I call lands me back at the same office and I can't seem to get anywhere on this issue.

Now I see others recognize the LSA as a scam. I guess I have been scammed and have no recourse. Wish I hadn't just spent another couple thousand on Ridgid. DeWalt is looking better now and I will be encouraging all my employees to stay away from Ridgid and going another route.

Comment

• BadgerDave
      BadgerDave commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't believe that the online registration for the LSA was even available in 2013. Registration of the tool(s) into a data bank is what it sounds like you did. Companies make it sound like you need to register your purchase in order to receive their standard warranty but in actuality you don't need to. There was and still is an extra step required in order to register tools into the LSA Program. A quick read of the LSA registration requirements in your tools Owners Manual would have pointed that out. You can't call the LSA a scam when you failed to properly register your tools into the program.

• CWSmith
      CWSmith commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't understand. You say you registered online, but I don't see how registration "online" was possible in 2013. Perhaps you were misinformed, as the LSA registration process required proof of purchase back then, in the way of sending in your receipt, etc.

It appears that you run a business and certainly that requires a bit of business savvy. It doesn't help when you loose your temper. I also don't understand why you weren't a bit more attentive to the details required to register for the LSA. Considering the investment you made in tools, that registration for guaranteed service was an important step. Also followup to ensure that whatever it is that you did was proper and confirmed.

Sorry for your misunderstanding, but in my many years of ownership and LSA registration I have not been disappointed and it is NOT a scam.

Believe what you want. Attached is the screen shot of my online registration. I purchased on 8/22/13 and registered online 8/26/13. The registration exists and shows that I registered it on that date. Currently it shows online that they never honored the LSA and that the 3 years has expired. The registration wouldn't even exist on their site if I hadn't done it. You should avoid making claims about what couldn't have happened when you don't know.
    Last edited by Gary A; 01-07-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

When was the screen shot taken, on 8/26/13 when you registered the tools?
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Working...
      X