life time warranty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life time warranty

have owned a ridged drill and 2 battery for 5 years. mailed in my registration info when i got them. now ridged has no listing for them. how i am stuck with a dead battery that sells for $91. I am not a happy camper

RIDGID/TTI does not have a life time warranty on power tools, only 3 years.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

• Bldr
      Bldr commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we can assume by this statement, " mailed in my registration info when i got them.", that Paul Bellman is clearly referring to the LSA,mistakenly using the term warranty.
      You post about the LSA/warranty distinction consistently, yet it seems to be of little assistance other than to split hairs when somebody is wrong on the internet.

Hello Dave, can you clarify please? Because the Home Depot page for Ridgid has this information listed: "The GEN5X 5-piece Combo Kit consisting of a Hammer Drill, Impact Driver, Circular Saw, Reciprocation Saw and an LED Flashlight is full of best-in-class features that are backed by the industry's best warranty, the RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement; free Batteries, free Parts, free Service and For Life."

Comment

Where in that statement do you see anything about a lifetime warranty. I realize that you are a first time poster however it has been pointed on this forum dozens of time that the Lifetime Service Agreement is NOT a warranty. Please do some more research on the difference between the Ridgid/TTI 3 Year Warranty and the Ridgid/TTI Lifetime Service Agreement.
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tormund View Post
        Hello Dave, can you clarify please? Because the Home Depot page for Ridgid has this information listed: "The GEN5X 5-piece Combo Kit consisting of a Hammer Drill, Impact Driver, Circular Saw, Reciprocation Saw and an LED Flashlight is full of best-in-class features that are backed by the industry's best warranty, the RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement; free Batteries, free Parts, free Service and For Life."
        If you bought your tools 5 years ago then the above statement about the GEN5X tools would not apply since the 5X tools came out less than a year ago.

Never the less RIDGID/TTI has offered the Lifetime Service Agreement (or LSA as it is referred to) on tools purchased at Home Depot for many years. The LSA was available when you bought your tools 5 years ago. However, to get the benefits of the LSA you had to complete an additional registration procedure and take some time to complete all the steps and then make sure that your tools did in fact get registered for the LSA.

If your battery had crapped out within the 3 years and you had proof of purchase and the tools were registered then you probably would have had a claim and received a replacement battery. That is just my guess as I have nothing to do with RIDGID, TTI, or Home Depot.

But since it sounds like you did not register for the LSA you probably won't be able to make a claim for a replacement battery now that it is 5 years since you bought the tools.

"It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Where in that statement do you see anything about a lifetime warranty. I realize that you are a first time poster however it has been pointed on this forum dozens of time that the Lifetime Service Agreement is NOT a warranty. Please do some more research on the difference between the Ridgid/TTI 3 Year Warranty and the Ridgid/TTI Lifetime Service Agreement.
          Dave, the way I'm reading the statement ("that are backed by the industry's best warranty, the RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement") the "backed by the industry's best warranty" is qualifying the LSA as a warranty. Also, Ridgid's own employees qualify the LSA as a warranty.

Thanks for the clarification though Dave, its clear to me now that there is a deliberate intent to differentiate between an LSA and a lifetime warranty. The statement on the HD page is poorly worded if that is the case and so is the response on Facebook that was obviously a mistake too (almost every post there from customers do not make that distinction).

I wanted to make sure that I understood what I was getting into since $399 is a big investment for me. My perception of the matter so far is that the LSA is crapshoot. Whether its intentional or not I suppose is irrelevant. Despite all that, I'm still leaning towards a Ridgid kit since I don't see an alternative.

Comment

• Bob D.
            Bob D. commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree that the wording used does tend to leave one thinking the LSA is a lifetime warranty.
            It's cleverly worded, but probably not so much that it could be classified legally as misleading.

• Bldr
            Bldr commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally, I love the Gen 5x ( the drill does have a bit too much run out though) and have recommended it to several guys.
            However, it's a purchase, not an investment- $399 is a fair price,imo, but it will not increase in value.

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

If you bought your tools 5 years ago then the above statement about the GEN5X tools would not apply since the 5X tools came out less than a year ago.

Never the less RIDGID/TTI has offered the Lifetime Service Agreement (or LSA as it is referred to) on tools purchased at Home Depot for many years. The LSA was available when you bought your tools 5 years ago. However, to get the benefits of the LSA you had to complete an additional registration procedure and take some time to complete all the steps and then make sure that your tools did in fact get registered for the LSA.

If your battery had crapped out within the 3 years and you had proof of purchase and the tools were registered then you probably would have had a claim and received a replacement battery. That is just my guess as I have nothing to do with RIDGID, TTI, or Home Depot.

But since it sounds like you did not register for the LSA you probably won't be able to make a claim for a replacement battery now that it is 5 years since you bought the tools.
          OP stated that he did register his tools 5 years ago but that Ridgid has no record of him doing so. I've heard of other people complaining of that situation. Is the only way to ensure that this does not happen to repeatedly follow up with customer service to get confirmation? If for whatever reason their records get lost, do they provide a written agreement as proof once the LSA is approved?

Comment

• Bob D.
            Bob D. commented
            Editing a comment
            Did they have no record of him registering for the LSA or did they not have record
            of him registering for the 3 year warranty which would have been 2 years out of
            date and maybe they purge (delete) all the old records after some length of time.

• Gary 1
            Gary 1 commented
            Editing a comment
            This and similar situations are not uncommon. There are whole strings on it. Some will make excuses for ridgid, some won't. Just learn from others mistakes. Ridgid warranty and lsa or lack of are a joke

What I've learned is that you can never count on the LSA (or Ridgid in general). Never before have I dealt with a more frustrating company as Ridgid. They make obtaining and keeping the LSA as complicated as possible. It is very clear to me that it's mostly a scam used to attract customers and screw them over. I have been screwed over on several tools and batteries before.

Comment

• Gary 1
            Gary 1 commented
            Editing a comment
            The truth shall set you free.......well said. Join the club

• Bldr
            Bldr commented
            Editing a comment
            It's good that customers are finally understanding and admitting this, fanboys excluded.

However, it doesn't change the fact that, like every manufacturer, some of their power tools are good and some are meh.

My sense is that if the LSA works in one's favor then it is a bonus; if not, replacement is not very expensive.

Now,that does pale in comparison to some of the Makita and Porter Cable tools I've owned and used for 25 years or so...
            Last edited by Bldr; 08-26-2016, 07:56 AM.

Well, bought the brushless 3 tool kit. Submitted on the 10th of July, got the confirmation 10 business days later. They do provide an email as confirmation, and hopefully I won't need to use the LSA anytime soon.

Comment

Ok, I have a great quality sawsall, hammer drill, impact powered by 24 volt batteries. Well, would be powered if the batteries hadn't died. What are my options for batteries that work and last more than a year?? I hear Amazon supplied batteries won't be warranteed. Is there an approved source of fresh non-NOS batteries?

Comment

Try here:

http://www.cpooutlets.com/ridgid-130...cgid=batteries

Features:
              • Brand New -- Not used or reconditioned
              • Works with all Ridgid Xli and MaxSelect tools
              • Charge level indicator checks battery charge level any time at the push of a button
              • Supplies 24V power at an 18V weight
              • 3.0 Amp-hr high capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack gives up to 160 percent longer run time
              Includes:
              • 24V 3 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery - 130377008

These batteries are offered with a warranty from the manufacturer (OWT),
              at least according to print at the bottom of the page.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 12-07-2016, 05:19 AM.
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Originally posted by Unimogr View Post
                Ok, I have a great quality sawsall, hammer drill, impact powered by 24 volt batteries. Well, would be powered if the batteries hadn't died. What are my options for batteries that work and last more than a year?? I hear Amazon supplied batteries won't be warranteed. Is there an approved source of fresh non-NOS batteries?

I have a 24 V drill and saw..I bought recently the brushless genx5 drill kit..and tried the 18v on the 24v saw..and lo and behold it works I cut a 2x4 with it and it sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                X