Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID K3 Toilet Auger

Re: RIDGID K3 Toilet Auger

This is a good video. It shows the homeowner how to use the tool they just purchased at the depot. That should help sell more of them.

Comment

Ridgid makes some good tools but this isn't one of them.

Comment

could be the worst auger on the market....sorry ridgid...i had two of them break in 1 year.....my general one has lasted 3 years now

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
          could be the worst auger on the market....sorry ridgid...i had two of them break in 1 year.....my general one has lasted 3 years now
          I am still using my 4 year old Ridgid K-6 auger. Never had any issues with it yet. I am suprised that you had them break so easly.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            I am still using my 4 year old Ridgid K-6 auger. Never had any issues with it yet. I am suprised that you had them break so easly.
            I'm not. Mine lasted about 3 weeks before the handle started coming off and the cable was limp...way too flexible for me. General all the way...they have the better product this time.
            Just about any clogg I can clear with that auger I could do the same with a plunger. Bottom line its a homeowners tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauvil View Post
              Ridgid makes some good tools but this isn't one of them.
              Agreed..I had the one that extended to 6'..What a piece of junk.Had 2 and gave 2 away..The handle is made so cheap that unless you duct tape it or wear heavy gloves it tends to spread apart and pinch your hands..atleast mine did..SO I gave it to a friend and bought a general
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I got to use the new Ridgid drop head with 6 foot extender sorry Brian not a fan I'll give you a call
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  I'm not. Mine lasted about 3 weeks before the handle started coming off and the cable was limp...way too flexible for me. General all the way...they have the better product this time.
                  Just about any clogg I can clear with that auger I could do the same with a plunger. Bottom line its a homeowners tool.
                  Yep gave 2 to my sister ..Taught her how to use it.Said there you go stop up as many toilets as you want now..This Christmas everyone gets closet augers and plungers
                  Guaranteed
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X