Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID - How to Cut, Ream and Thread Pipe

Re: RIDGID - How to Cut, Ream and Thread Pipe

Why are their die heads different than ours?

Look at 1:06 in the video. They have a smooth steel follower built into the die head.

Also they cut pipe backwards. I always rotate my cutter opposite of the video. Less chance the cutter pulls off or threads.

Last but not least, who would lift a wrench to tighten a fitting while in a portable tri stand?

Looks and sounds like its from the land downunder. No wonder they complain about support on the forum. Its all backwards.

Maybe at the roundup ill show them my 62 second cut ream thread and screw demo. I smoked the challengers.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

RED FLAG to Plumber Rick on this one. Accent is somewhat from the "MotherLand", aka English.
      My dies are similar but don't have the steel follower as it is all in the head, RIDGID too. Cut him some slack Rick, clearly stated it was for demo purposes and yes I agree he should have pushed down not pull up but it was a quick turn with no stress to prove a point.

Downunder 1, Rick 0(that is ZERO). heheheheheheeheheheeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeehheeeeeeee

Comment

So, are you a POM or is Accent?

Comment

Working...
        X