RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement

I got a Ridgid pipe cutter with a hydrolic foot pump HF-32 OES ANYONE KNOW THE CORRECT WAY TO GET THIS PUMP ACTING RIGHT AGAIN SO PEDDLE COMES BACK UP WHEN DEPRESSED?

Comment

copy this link and pull up the parts list at the bottom right corner. https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/258-power-pipe-cutter

i believe you have a torsion spring part #3 that should return the pedal back up. also make sure you have bled all the air from the hydraulic pump and hose.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I love the LSA. I know it really works as I have had my 5 inch sander out for repairs 4 times now. I purchased another so I have the use of this sander while the other in in the shop. I just (Today) purchased a new Battery pack (4.0Ah high capacity) and tried to regester for the LSA and was told by the web site I don't have a "valid" model number. Do you no longer cover the batteries ???

Comment

• Bob D.
          Bob D. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the LSA worked very well in your case.
          It got you to purchase a second tool so it benefited RIDGID greatly
          while you had to lay out money for a second tool because your first
          tool has been in for repairs four times so far.

That is the makings of a great tool.

The LSA may be ok if you purchase the product for your own use from a retail outlet. It sucks if it is a gift or you purchase the product from a charity auction. Ridgid refuses to register the warranty without the original receipt, which is obviously not available in those circumstances. I will not purchase any more Ridgid products!

Comment

• Gary 1
          Gary 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          good move. Me too

Originally posted by horsjn View Post
        The LSA may be ok if you purchase the product for your own use from a retail outlet. It sucks if it is a gift or you purchase the product from a charity auction. Ridgid refuses to register the warranty without the original receipt, which is obviously not available in those circumstances. I will not purchase any more Ridgid products!
        The LSA is offered only to the original purchaser of the tool. In both of the instances you mentioned that would not be the case so there is no obligation on the part of Ridgid to enroll the tool into the LSA. You can nitpick all day long but if you're not the original buyer of the tool you don't qualify for the LSA.
        I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

When you buy a Ridgid tool as a gift..you can request a second receipt at the time of purchase.
          the second receipt may not show the price but has the necessary Home Depot receipt UPC code
          to allow the person to register their gift/tool for the LSA.

Keep in mind the tool model number is taken from the box NOT the tool...They can be different.
          Also keep the box's UPC code as that is required for the LSA registration process.

Yes the LSA registration process is simply awful and likely designed to discourage folks
          from using it..just like those stupid rebate programs!!!

Cactus Man

Comment

+
            Wow, I wish I had a copy of this video because at 32 seconds in it says for YOUR life, not the tools life.

• "As long as you can pull the trigger, we'll make sure it does the job"

So 15 years from now they will have batteries to fit my tools? I doubt it, so how will they honor
              the LSA if they don't have parts or batteries? Will I get a new tool and with it everything I need
              to support it like a charger?

If for instance I bought a 4 piece kit with a charger, two batteries, and four tools and both the
              batteries die and are no longer available will ALL the items be replaced? Because without
              replacement batteries all that stuff is worthless.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 04-07-2016, 05:51 AM.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Sounds like you've answered your own questions Bob. Warranties are good if they feel like it, or if they didn't loose your info or if or if........

Comment

• Bob D.
                Bob D. commented
                Editing a comment
                What I'm pointing out is that saying ''your lifetime'' is meaningless because you know
                they will not be able to support the tool for your lifetime or even 10 years since
                the parts will most likely not be available for them to do so.

for me 10 years might work since I am closer to the end of the tunnel than most but
                someone in their 20s or 30s hopefully buying these tools should not expect that
                'your lifetime' story as it is doubtful they will be able to honor it. Yes, I can't see into
                the future and know how they will react but its not too hard to imagine that the needed
                replacement parts will not be available. Its difficult to get parts for 5 year old tools now,
                what's the chance they will be there 5 years from now.
            Working...
            X