Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
RIDGIDtoday: Blog covering the RIDGID R4512 table saw. Hadn't seen the nickel test i Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGIDtoday: Blog covering the RIDGID R4512 table saw. Hadn't seen the nickel test i

RIDGIDtoday: Blog covering the RIDGID R4512 table saw. Hadn't seen the nickel test in a while. Thanks Furnitude. See it : http://tinyurl.com/6xggwka

More...

Re: RIDGIDtoday: Blog covering the RIDGID R4512 table saw. Hadn't seen the nickel te

I've done the nickel test both successfully and unsuccessfully...it's fun, interesting, etc., but it's not overly scientific, and it proves very little about true performance. I'd hate for people to get upset if their saw doesn't pass. For starters, nickels are not very consistent so its very possible to get a nickel that works and one that doesn't with the same saw. Also, some saws are prone to a minor rumble on startup or shutdown that has no bearing on how well your saw performs. Some motors are more prone to an electrical interaction known as regeneration that can cause some shudder at shutdown. If your saw passes...great, you can show Uncle Ned the next time he's over...if not... still great. I wouldn't give it much thought unless the saw is vibrating enough to knock over a nickel while its running at full speed.

Comment

Working...
    X