It has effected my working abilities. I haven't really been able to work, I have tried small jobs, but it just kills me at the end of the day.
Almost 4 months now, I've been really sick, I can't breath, coughing so bad, that my stomach and head hurts and I mean bad. Sinus so plugged up, this is bad.
"Mold", it got into my lungs.......
Now I know, first hand, how fricking dangerous it can be. I've seen 4 Doctors, Cat scans twice, X-Rays twice, petri dishes growing **** from a loogie (sp?). Blood taken from me numerous times. I was told I have this and that, and last week was told I have pneumonia. This can be easily missed diagnosed, and it sucks getting it.
Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores can cause allergic reactions in people. Allergic reactions to mold are common — these reactions can be immediate or delayed up to six hours. Allergic reactions include:
* Respiratory problems, such as cough, sneezing, wheezing, infection, and/or difficulty in breathing
* Hay fever-type symptoms
* Nose and throat irritation
* Nasal or sinus congestion
Watery, reddened, or burning eyes
* Sensitivity to light
* Red eyes
* Runny nose
Dermatitis ( skin rash or irritation)
I'm telling you, this crap is nasty, I will never look at mold again and think big deal. That crap messed me up big time. This morning was another trip to the Emergency room, my 4th Doctor. He gathered up everything about me, from the other Doctors, then ran his own tests and found those dishes that had fungi or whatever growing in them. Apparently, the lab was a little slow on giving it out, until this morning.
So hopefully with all the new meds and shots I have been given, I'll be on the road to recovery. I have lost 3 jobs over this, because I couldn't work, my lungs are now at 1/2 breathing capacity. Don't take mold for granted, trust me on this one.
I really thought that I was just sick and wanted my body to correct my system. But I think almost 4 months of this, was a tad bit to long. But then again, the Doctors couldn't diagnose it right away.
I'm around mold, all the time, thats just part of my job. Now I have to totally change the way I work around it, I am going to do massive research on it, and become a pro about it. So if your ever sick and cannot shake it away, get yourself tested, and you Plumbers are around it too. Just becarefull around the stuff..... Mark