Big Johnson -
I have New Yankee plans for a coffee table that I have been working on. I have the top planed, jointed and glued-up....now I just need to cut it to width. 24" to the right of the blade wasn't enough...but I have plenty now.
We recently refinished the hardwood floors in our living room, so an oak coffee table should fit nicely. I will post some pictures when I get it finished.
Thanks again for the help. The added capacity really makes a difference.
I simply lossened the rails on my saw and slid them down to the right and retightened the fasteners... I am using the original fence rails that came with my TS2424LS... Someday I will put an INCRA fence on and then will likely sell the original rails or just store them away...
If you are looking for a fence, I would look at Woodnet...
What are you running for a saw???
[ 02-20-2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Big Johnson ]
If you have limited space in your shop (like me), instead of the rail spacer bar, build an addional extention wing with router mount.
If you did put a router on the right side ,do you still need all of the parts in the second post?
I think not. That is the spreader bar to support the rails.
I cannot find tapes that go on the rail that are as nice as the original. Has anyone got the ones for the currrent model and tried to use them. I heard thy are a bit too wide. I have looked around but the only ones I found that I liked were from woodcraft. They were over $25 for both. This is about double all of the others. I would really prefer to have the metric side nearest the saw table. It does not sound like a big deal but the one I bought was the opposite and I found it very hard to read. The pointer on the fence is not tall enough.
[ 06-27-2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: messmaker ]
I made a router table and I did not use any of the hardware listed by Big J. Just make sure that the width dimension is 27". You can shim with washer if necessary. I will post a picture when I figure how to.
I just added a cast iron extesion that I bought from a forum member and slid the rails over. I carefully peeled off the indexing and re-attached after re-alignment. Works well...and cost about $25!