Ryobi BT3100 vs. Ridgid TS3650
Well I know the 2 saws are not in the same category, but please humour me. Has anyone owned both of these saw? What are your opinions of both? I would really appreciate any input.
What I like about both:
- Price...$249.00 at home depot right now - Major Selling point and reason for my interest
- Seems capable of accuracy
- Does not take up much room
- Can use the leftover $$ to buy more tools
- Seems a little cheap.... plastic...etc.
- Have to buy accessory kit (another $100) to get miter slots to use standard
table saw accessories
- Aluminum... not as durable as cast iron... can't use magnetic accessories
- SMT... while a nice feature it also seems like it could be a nightmare to adjust
- While it seems capable of good accuracy it also seems to need a lot of up-keep on the alignment end
Ridgid TS 3650- Pros:
- Build quality (cast iron- herc-u-lift)
- Can use standard table saw accessories
- Adjustment/alignment should hold longer
- Price-Needs a rebate :)
- Heavy to move around
- Some seem to have arbor problems from what I have read
Look forward to your input!