This thread is for all of you who have a story to share about an apprentice (yourself or someone else) who made a mistake on a job that really made you look silly or cost you a lot of money. Please note - Safety mistakes are no laughing matter. Maybe next time we see our apprentice getting ready to do something that one of y'all have learned from we can save ourselves a headache.
I'll go first - When i was an apprentice i was in a customer's bathroom with my boss after we had just replaced something on a toilet. I was squatted down near a sink watching my boss finish up - we both stood up at the same time and i heard a crack and a pop come from behind me. My belt had caught on the corner of one of those cultured marble sinks/countertop one peice deal. It snapped off the whole corner. Fortunately we found a perfect match for the countertop for $150.00 and i got the priviledge of installing it on my day off.